Warranty coverage for shingles is an important feature, yet shingles are only one component of an integrated roofing system. Should there be a problem with the underlayment, or issues with attic insulation or a component other than shingles, a manufacturer won’t be held responsible. Unless you’ve installed the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, that is!
When installed by a factory-certified GAF roofing contractor, the GAF Lifetime Roofing System provides secure, long-lasting protection against the elements, backed by a comprehensive warranty that covers every aspect of the roofing system. To qualify for Lifetime limited coverage, a homeowner must install any Lifetime Shingle, as well as three or more qualifying GAF accessories:
1. Lifetime shingles. GAF offers you many great Lifetime shingle choices, including Timberline® shingles with Advanced Protection® technology. Install any GAF Lifetime Shingle and you’ll automatically receive a lifetime limited warranty on shingles and all qualifying GAF accessories.
2. Roof deck protection. Roof deck protection allows moisture to escape from your attic while providing an exceptionally strong layer of protection against wind-driven rain. It also lies flatter for a better-looking roof.
3. Leak barrier. This layer provides exceptional protection against leaks caused by roof settling and extreme weather. It’s an ideal upgrade at all vulnerable areas, including at the eaves in the north.
4. Starter strip shingles. This product saves time, eliminates waste, reduces the risk of shingle blow-off and may even help qualify for upgraded wind warranty coverage.
5. Cobra® attic ventilation. Attic ventilation helps remove excess heat and moisture from your attic that can raise your energy bills and cause premature aging of the roofing system, damage to interior paint and wallpaper, and even affect your health.
6. Ridge cap shingles. Enhance the beauty and value of your home, while guarding against leaks at the hips and ridges with ridge cap shingles.
Up and Above Contractors has earned the designation of Certified GAF Master Elite™ roofing contractor, which means we’re in the top 3% of all contractors in the nation, and qualified to install the Lifetime Roofing System. Call us today at (973) 300-0636 or click here to schedule a FREE in-home consultation and estimate.