It can take months after a major weather event, such as Hurricane Sandy, for problems with your roof to emerge. But problems can also result from long-term wear and tear. In either case, don’t wait until puddles appear on your floor – protect your investment by regularly inspecting the condition of your roof.
So what should you take note of? One or more of the following signs could indicate a potentially serious New Jersey roof problem.
1. Shingles or tiles that are cracked, curled, worn or missing.
2. Excessive granule loss in gutters from asphalt shingles.
3. Split wood shingles.
4. Signs of moisture, rot or mold growth.
5. Signs of water damage or leakage on interior ceilings or in attic space.
6. Streaks along exterior home walls.
7. Storm damage.
8. Ice damming.
Remember: never attempt to inspect a roof alone or without proper training! Call Up and Above Contractors instead for a thorough roof inspection. Our expert roofing professionals will let you know if you are in need of a new roof, or just a few repairs. Call (973) 531-4225 today for a FREE in-home consultation and estimate for your home or commercial property!