Hurricane-force winds are one of the most destructive forces to hit your home’s exterior, especially the roof and gutters. Now that the fury of Superstorm Sandy has abated, you may discover some serious problems with your roof, or other features of your home, which necessitate emergency repairs. Our New Jersey roofers can help if you’ve experienced this type of storm damage. Begin by following these steps.
1. Do what you can to prevent more water from seeping into your home. Water will damage the roof deck and cause additional problems, especially as winter approaches. If the damage is severe, cover the area with a tarp until professional repairs can begin. Tarps may be available through local government agencies.
2. Call an experienced roofing company to initiate an inspection and assessment of damage done to your home. Up and Above Contractors has expert service crews available to help homeowners recovering from storm damage.
3. Locate the exact source of any leaks if they’re not obvious. Your roofing professional will need to know where to begin his inspection.
4. Note the condition of siding. If siding appears lifted or misaligned, repairs will be necessary to prevent future leakage.
5. Slowly drain water from flooded basements and other rooms. Saturated drywall and insulation will need to be removed and replaced to prevent mold and mildew growth.
When disaster strikes your home, Up and Above Contractors is ready to respond. Our emergency response teams can make quick repairs to virtually any area of your home, then return to perform permanent repairs that will restore your home to its original condition. We can also guide you through the insurance process for hassle-free filing of claims. Call Up and Above at (973) 531-4225 to get on the schedule for a FREE in-home consultation and estimate.