Until the past few decades, wood was the material of choice for windows. Wood windows still offer many benefits for the homeowner who loves tradition and natural beauty in New Jersey window replacement. When combined with modern hardware and weatherstripping, modern wood windows from Up and Above Contractors are a vast improvement over the drafty windows of yesteryear.
Here are five benefits to consider when weighing the pros and cons of wood windows.
1. Beauty. Nothing compares to the subtle beauty of genuine wood.
2. Variety. Creating a one-of-a-kind look for your home requires wood with just the right color and grain. Our wood windows are available in a variety of wood species including pine, fir, oak, cherry and more.
3. Efficiency. Wood windows offer excellent thermal performance to save you money every month on your utility bills. They perform well in the intense summer and winter months.
4. Paint-friendly. Wood windows must be painted from time to time to ward off rot, which gives you the opportunity to choose the color that best complements your home, and change colors when desired.
5. Authenticity. If you are replacing the windows of an old home, the modern look of vinyl probably won’t maintain its design integrity. For historical authenticity, wood is the best choice.
At Up and Above Contractors, we treat every home as if it’s our own. If you’re in need of quality New Jersey window replacement, or if you just need repairs, contact us today at (973) 531-4225.