In whatever you choose to purchase, don’t you always wish that it will be able to give you your money’s worth? The same can be expected in choosing your roofing in Hopatcong NJ.
For our team here in Up and Above Contractors, cost-effective roofing is based on four important factors: (1) cost of the roofing material, (2) aesthetic appeal, (3) strength, and (4) environmental sustainability. However, there are other factors to take into consideration when getting something as significant as a roof. These include your location and the climate / weather phenomena in that particular location, which can greatly affect your roof’s integrity.
- Asphalt shingles are perhaps the most popular roofing material choice in the United States today, accounting for over 80% of the residential roofing market. Asphalt shingles are known for being affordable and algae-resistant. Furthermore, they can also be incorporated into any kind of architectural design. They’re also known for having moderate fire and wind resistance.
- Metal shingles are composed of steel, aluminum, zinc, or copper alloys. Metal shingles are absolutely recommended if you want a durable roof that also resembles other kinds of roofing materials.
- Clay tiles are made of clay that is baked in a kiln, making them absolutely environmentally friendly. They’re also known for being heavy and having excellent fire and wind resistance despite the cost. Clay tiles may also be made to resemble other kinds of roofing materials, such as wood or slate shingles.
- Concrete tiles are also another environmentally sustainable roofing choice as they are a mixture of cement and sand. They can be made to resemble clay tile or wood. They can be absolutely long-lasting and don’t require much maintenance.
- Wood shakes are usually made of cedar, redwood, and southern pine. While wood shakes are vulnerable to pests and water damage (which can lead to rotting), they can compensate through their good fire resistance and excellent insulation properties.
Choosing roofing in NJ is one of the most important choices you’re going to make as a homeowner. We know this because we too are homeowners ourselves—that’s why we have taken it upon ourselves that we share with you what we know about cost-effective roofing. For any roofing concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us.