The gutters of your house are tasked with one very important job: to redirect rainwater away from the roof and foundation of your home. Keeping your gutters in good shape allows them to do this vital task continuously. And this is done how? Through regular cleaning, of course!
Aside from keeping gutters in good condition, regular cleaning can help you avoid expensive repairs resulting from clogged gutters. Among the problems that clogged gutters may cause include the following:
- It can damage the foundation of your home.
- It can cause the wooden parts of your home, such as the fascia boards, to rot.
- It can be a cause of ice dam formation in winter.
- It can wash out the landscaping around your home.
If you’re considering doing the cleaning on your own, here are a few general tips:
- Remember, you’re going to climb up a ladder to clean. Make sure you observe the necessary safety precautions before you make the climb. Secure the ladder. Make sure it’s on solid and level ground. Do not forget to wear a protective mask and gloves.
- Get rid of all the debris found in the gutters using a garden trowel and dispose them in a trash bag. Proceed to wash the gutters using a garden hose.
- For sure, nobody enjoys doing this regularly. Consider having gutter guards installed by Byram Township NJ roofing contractors like us at Up and Above Contractors.
If you feel that you need help with cleaning or if rainwater has already started to damage a few areas of your home, we at Up and Above Contractors can help you out.
We know that the roof of your home is a system. We will address the needs of its various components with a comprehensive inspection in order to provide you with the protection and performance that your family needs. This includes the roof deck, underlayment, flashing, gutter systems, roof vents, soffits, and tiles, shingles, or wood shakes. Our approach ensures that your roof generally can stay in good condition.
Gutters are an essential part of your roof. If you need help with your gutter concerns, let the most reliable roofing contractors in Byram Township NJ—Up and Above Contractors—assist you. For more information on gutters or roofing, feel free to give us a call today.