Undeniably, your home is one of your greatest properties. You have put your hard-earned savings to making it beautiful and comfortable. Improving your home not only increases its value but also enhances comfort for your family.
Up and Above Contractors, a team of home improvement and roofing contractors in Sussex NJ, listed some ways to increase your home’s value:
1. Prioritize Maintenance and Care: A fancy upgrade to different areas of your home may sound like an exciting idea. But before you start, make sure your home is well maintained. Prioritize the basics, such as roof repair and plumbing. You should also think about replacing drafty windows and insulating the attic. Remember, a properly maintained home is a contributing factor to your family’s comfort and health.
2. More Space, More Options: If you plan to sell your home in the future, having more space offers options to prospective buyers to improve the interior design of your house. You may remove unused mounted cabinets or any wall dividers. Having a bigger space creates a relaxing ambiance and an open floor plan that may be attractive to even the most discerning of homebuyers.
3. Your Front Door Says It All: If you are looking into upgrading a part of your home, you should consider getting a new front door. An appealing entry door can help create a good impression to your guests and future homebuyers. A front door also offers a substantial return on investment. For a midrange fiberglass entry door replacement project in the mid-Atlantic region, the cost recouped is about 70%. A steel door replacement has returns of about 93%. The information is from this year’s “Cost vs. Value” Report of Remodeling magazine.
4. Go for Neutrals: A neutral palette creates a clean look. Furthermore, it is a safe color theme to use when putting your house on the market as it will appeal to more buyers. This is because it will be easier for them to change to match their taste and home style. Well-maintained walls look inviting, so retouch any chipped and peeling paint.
5. Don’t Forget Your Bathroom: A clean and appealing bathroom can create a lasting impression of your home on your guests and prospective buyers. You don’t need to do major remodeling. For economical options, you may remove grout, get rid of rust stains, recaulk, install new faucets, or change doorknobs.
For home improvement services that can increase your home value, you may consult roofing contractors in NJ, such as Up and Above Contractors. We offer different roofing, siding, window, and door products. We also provide free in-home consultation so that we can advise you of the options apt for your home. Call us at (973) 531-4225 for more details.