This is a test post.
Do you want more natural light streaming into your home during the day? Would you love a starry view of the New Jersey sky at night? The brightness and warmth of a room lit by a skylight can lower your utility bills and provide many healthful benefits. That’s why the expert New Jersey roofers at Up and Above Contractors are pleased to install VELUX® skylights. For more than 60 years, VELUX has been the world leader in roof windows and skylights, bringing light and brilliance into homes year-round.
For rooms where natural light and fresh air are desirable, VELUX offers a wide assortment of skylights and roof windows to meet any need regardless of the roof material, roof pitch, construction method or ceiling type. By installing a skylight, you can reduce the need for electric lighting and slash your monthly electric bill. In addition, the warmth generated by outside light can keep your home warmer in winter, resulting in further energy savings by cutting back on the amount of fuel needed to heat your home.
VELUX skylights are available with energy-efficient glass packages that help insulate your home against winter chill and summer heat. They come in a wide range of sizes and features with a full assortment of blinds available. Bring the joy and warmth of natural light into your home all year long with VELUX skylights from Up and Above Contractors. Call us today at (973) 531-4225 or click here to schedule a FREE skylight estimate.
It’s one of the hottest trends in residential roofing today, and also one of the most misunderstood. Last week, we discussed some of the great benefits provided by metal roofing in NJ. This week we’ll take a look at some of the most common misconceptions associated with this roofing material.
Myth #1: Metal roofs are hotter.
Truth: Depending upon the finish of the metal, metal roofs reflect a significant amount – up to 70% – of the solar energy typically absorbed by asphalt shingles. The result is a home that stays a more consistent temperature, and lower utility bills in the summer. During the winter, metal roofing has an exceptional ability to shed snow and ice, preventing ice dams.
Myth #2: Metal roofs attract lightning.
Truth: Lightning is attracted to the highest point, not necessarily metal, therefore a metal roof has no greater chance of being hit by lightning than any other type of roof. In addition, should your roof be struck by lightning, metal will evenly dissipate the electrical charge – and it won’t burn in the process.
Myth #3. Metal roofs are too expensive.
Truth: Metal roofs do cost more than asphalt shingles upfront, typically two to four times more. But a properly installed metal roof could be a once-in-a-lifetime investment lasting 50+ years, while the average asphalt shingle needs replacement at 15 years. So after figuring in annual energy savings on heating and cooling bills, the extensive lifespan and possible tax credits, a metal roof could pay for itself in a matter of years.
Up and Above Contractors is expert at the installation and restoration of metal roofing systems. Our roofing experts would be happy to discuss the facts about metal roofing and whether it’s right for you and your home. Call us today at (973) 531-4225 for a FREE in-home consultation and estimate.
Metal has long been used in commercial and industrial roofing applications. But over the past decade, metal roofing in NJ has also become one of the fastest-growing choices for homes throughout the Garden State — and in most areas of the country. Let’s look a closer look at the benefits of a metal roof.
• Longevity. Metal roofing has proven itself as one of the most durable roofing materials around. While the average lifespan of traditional asphalt shingles is 20-25 years, metal far outlasts that, providing more than 50 years of service. It is extremely weather-resistant, remaining uncompromised even in wind-driven rain of over 110 miles per hour.
• Curb appeal. Metal roofing comes in a huge range of colors and designs to enhance your home’s curb appeal. And because metal won’t fade, chip or rust, the beauty and value of your roof will last for decades.
• Efficiency. Today’s metal roofing systems are treated with special coatings to enhance efficiency. These roofs reflect a high percentage of the sun’s rays, and quickly release the heat that’s absorbed, therefore reducing the need for air conditioning. Many homeowners have reported saving 20% or more on their utility costs due to metal roofing.
If you are interested in the durability and beauty offered by a metal roofing system, contact Up and Above Contractors today at (973) 531-4225 for a FREE in-home consultation and estimate, or to learn more. We can educate you about the options and provide professional, certified installation by the best NJ roofers.
There’s more to replacing your existing patio or storm door than just hanging a new door in an old jamb or settling for a pre-built, off-the-shelf door. With replacement doors from Harvey Industries, you can create a customized entrance to your home that combines the best low-maintenance and energy-efficient features available today. Harvey offers numerous functionalities and style options for you to choose from.
• Patio doors. Harvey’s exceptional sliding patio doors are designed with your comfort and satisfaction in mind. Many options are available to match or enhance your existing décor, including custom grid configurations, transoms and choice of hardware. The Harvey Vigilance impact-resistant patio door allows the luxury of having a patio door in areas where added performance is necessary.
• Storm doors. Harvey features three storm door product lines: Estate Series, Lifetime and Traditional. Engineered with both quality and beauty in mind, premium Estate Series storm doors are pre-hung, foam insulated, heavy-duty aluminum storm doors which provide maximum protection against the elements. The implementation of a solid wood core makes the Lifetime a long-lasting storm product with increased energy efficiency. And the line of Traditional aluminum storm doors offers various styles at an economical price.
Up and Above Contractors has years of experience installing beautiful new Harvey doors and windows in New Jersey homes. We know you’ll see an immediate improvement. Call this roofer in NJ today at (973) 531-4225 for a FREE in-home consultation and estimate on door installation.
In addition to a quality roofing system, efficient gutters in NJ are essential to prevent water damage and maintain the structural integrity of your home. But gutter systems themselves require routine maintenance at least twice per year to stay at peak performance. Do you really want to climb up a ladder and dig leaves, twigs and muck out of your gutters every six months, or pay someone else to do it for you? If the answer is no, we’ve got good news for you: with the Leaf Relief® gutter protection system, you don’t have to!
Up and Above Contractors installs Leaf Relief gutter protection because it’s the answer for homeowners who need a gutter solution that works – first time, every time. Its patented Aluma-Perf Technology™ keeps debris out of gutters, allowing water to flow freely. Debris is then lifted off of gutters by a normal breeze.
Benefits of the Leaf Relief gutter protection system include:
• Mounts securely to your existing gutter system
• 100% effective against leaves, twigs, pine needles and small debris
• Practically invisible from the ground
• Solid aluminum construction eliminates rusting, distortion or painting
• Resists damage from high winds, heavy snow and ice
• Resists damage from bugs, squirrels, raccoons and birds
• During independent testing, worked better than other gutter systems on the market
For a FREE in-home consultation and estimate on new gutters or the Leaf Relief system, call Up and Above Contractors today at (973) 531-4225.
Adding a deck to the outside of your New Jersey home can significantly expand your living space, creating a focal point for family gatherings. Whether you want an enclosed deck so you can sit and enjoy a summer rain without getting wet or an open deck for barbeques, Up and Above Contractors’ expert carpentry team can create it. We design and build beautiful decks NJ homeowners will enjoy for years to come.
When you hire the New Jersey deck builders at Up and Above, you can expect a professional job at a fair price, crafted of the highest quality materials. Choose from the following decking materials:
• Wood. There are many advantages to using traditional wood to build a deck: it’s affordable, readily available, sturdy and long-lasting. It also offers finish flexibility because it can be painted or stained. However, wood weathers to an ugly gray without periodic cleaning and staining, and its surface is less resistant to damage.
• Composite. This sturdy wood alternative, typically made from a plastic and wood fiber blend, is much more impervious to the elements, and requires minimal maintenance since it doesn’t rot or decay. Composite brands are also available in a variety of colors and textures.
• Vinyl. Like composite, vinyl decking offers a uniform appearance and is very low-maintenance. It’s also faster and easier to install than wood or composite.
Call Up and Above Contractors today at (973) 531-4225 for a FREE in-home consultation and estimate. For beautiful decks, NJ homeowners turn to Up and Above!
Roofing can generate curb appeal, but it’s siding that really makes a home stand out. Siding not only performs a vital protective role for the home, it can also dramatically improve appearance and energy efficiency, and increase market value. Deciding on the right siding material can be confusing, however. Let’s look at some features and benefits of the most common types of siding materials.
• Vinyl siding. From affordability to color selection to ease of maintenance, vinyl provides a wealth of advantages for New Jersey homeowners. This versatile product is available in a broad palette of colors and many profiles, including horizontal and vertical panels, shakes, scallops, shingles, fish scale, traditional lap, Dutch lap and beaded designs. Best of all, vinyl is the most economical cladding to purchase, install and maintain.
• Fiber cement siding. This product allows you to “have your cake and eat it too”: fiber cement siding offers the appearance of wood siding without the maintenance hassles, and it costs 25% less! It’s produced from a mixture of cement, sand and cellulose fibers which is then pressed and cured. Available in a variety of textures, fiber cement is resistant to rot, termites, water and fire damage, and only requires painting every 7-15 years.
• Wood siding. Nothing beats the traditional beauty of wood siding, either in shake or clapboard form. It’s environmentally friendly and biodegradable, and offers natural insulation qualities. On the downside, to protect it from deterioration, wood requires regular maintenance and must be painted every few years. It’s also susceptible to warping, insects and fire.
Up and Above Contractors is an experienced installer of siding in New Jersey, offering top-quality products with superior performance and warranties. No other contractor in the area can match our expertise. Call us today at (973) 531-4225 for a free in-home consultation, where we can help you make the best siding decision for your home.
It’s that time of year when tax refunds start to roll out…are you thinking of using yours for home improvement? If New Jersey replacement windows are on your list, Up and Above Contractors wants to be your choice for high-quality, beautiful replacement windows. Here are some of the benefits to consider:
• Greater efficiency. New window technologies reflect outside heat during the summer and contain heat during the winter for greater temperature control. Low-E windows feature special metallic coatings to control heat and light transfer. Double- or triple-paned windows filled with argon gas can further increase the insulating value of a window.
• Cost savings. Quality window replacement guarantees substantial savings on your energy bills. The poorer your old windows, the more dramatic your energy savings will be and the quicker you will recover the cost of window replacement. For a typical home, the EPA estimates replacement with ENERGY STAR-rated windows will save $126–$465 a year when replacing single-pane windows, or $27–$111 annually over double-pane, clear glass replacement windows.
• Style. Windows go beyond function; stylish, carefully selected windows enhance curb appeal from the exterior, and provide the best lighting and views from the inside. From either direction, windows greatly impact the value of your property.
Up and Above Contractors is proud to provide quality window replacement options that are exceptional in efficiency and design. Our team of contractors has years of experience installing beautiful windows and doors in New Jersey homes and businesses. Call us today at (973) 531-4225 for a FREE estimate on energy-efficient replacement windows.
As the temperature outside starts to warm up, many homeowners begin to think of improvements that need to be made to their home, from roof repairs and replacement to siding, decks and interior remodeling. Sadly, the change in weather invariably brings an increase in home improvement contractor scams too. While the majority of roofers in New Jersey are hard-working and reputable, there are always a few willing to take advantage of unsuspecting homeowners in this way.
One of the most common techniques used by unscrupulous contractors to “get their foot in the door” is the unsolicited quote. A friendly worker knocks at your door, offering a bargain on his services or informing you that your roof appears to be damaged. Be suspicious – reputable contractors don’t need to advertise door-to-door to attract customers! Here are some additional key phrases that should tip you off to a possible scam.
1. “I’m working in your neighborhood.” This is a convenient way for the contractor to explain why he’s knocking at your door uninvited. Vet him by asking for the addresses of neighbors he’s been working for.
2. “I have materials left over from another job.” Experienced contractors will order the correct amount of material for each job, and likely won’t be selling off leftovers paid for by a previous customer.
3. “This offer is ends today.” Wise contractors present a detailed quote and allow you time to make weighty decisions related to home improvement without pressure. If he insists, ask for documentation of the offer, such as a flyer or a web advertisement.
4. “I need the cash up front.” This statement is a huge red flag: chances are good this contractor will take your money and disappear. Never pay in full before a job has been completed. Instead, establish a payment schedule that will keep the contractor motivated and allow you to see progress on your project.
Finally, it’s a good idea to get a few quotes on any home improvement project and compare prices and services. This will help you to choose the best contractor for your needs and budget. Up and Above Contractors has proudly served New Jersey’s Sussex, Warren & Morris counties since 1993, and would be pleased to offer you a FREE in-home consultation and estimate. Call Up and Above today at (973) 531-4225, and see what your neighbors are talking about!