While wood and vinyl have been the most popular siding choices for decades, fiber cement siding may be the wave of the future. Fiber cement combines cement, sand, cellulose fiber and other additives to form a tough and stable cladding material that requires minimal maintenance. During manufacture, fiber cement can be formed into segments that mimic long wood planks, panels and shakes, making it extremely versatile as well. Here are the most attractive advantages of fiber cement siding in NJ:
1. Durability. Fiber cement siding can last for decades. It is impact-resistant and unaffected by moisture, therefore it won’t rot. It’s also unfazed by termites and other pests.
2. Stability. This type of siding doesn’t expand and contract, which makes it a good base for paint.
3. Convenient. Products can be purchased both primed and primed-and-painted. Painted fiber cement siding won’t require repainting for up to 25 years! Paint applied under factory conditions is likely to last longer than conventional paint applied after the siding is installed.
4. Visual appeal. Fiber cement products do an impressive job of giving the appearance of wood siding without the inherent problems of wood.
5. Fireproof. Fiber cement offers the highest level of fire protection, an especially nice feature in areas prone to wildfires.
Up and Above Contractors is proud to be a certified James Hardie® fiber cement contractor, installing the full line of Hardie siding products on homes throughout the region. For more information about fiber cement siding or a FREE siding estimate, contact us at (973) 531-4225.